Hi there! Are you a writer and would like to win cash for yourself this valentine season with your writing skills? If your answer is yes, then then you certainly just got lucky! PenAStory (www.penastory.com), a fast growing Nigerian literary platform is organizing its first writing contest which you absolutely can’t miss out on. In keeping with the theme of the Valentine season, this contest is centered on the theme of love. We present to you The PenAStory Love Contest!
- Writers are to send in a short story or flash fiction not exceeding five hundred words. Story must reflect the theme of love. Entries should not be sent as attachments but should be the body of your email and sent to email@example.com with “PenAStory Love Contest” as the subject of the email (without which your submission won’t count as an entry). Your full name and phone number should also be included in the email. Be assured that we won’t publish your personal contact details. Only one entry is allowed per person.
- Submissions start from February 1 and closes at midnight on February 14 after which online voting would commence for a duration of two weeks.
- Follow PenAStory on at least one social media platform, by this either on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or BBM Channel (following on all increases your chances). Writers not following on social media are also welcomed to send in their stories but must note that engagement (likes and comments) on your story on Facebook, Instagram and BBM Channel gives you an upper hand in emerging winner so it’s best you follow on as many social media platforms that you can. However, the quality of your entry will also be a HUGE determiner. The final decision of winner and runner ups rest solely on members of PenAStory team.
- Immediately entries close, stories would begin to get published on the blog. Only shortlisted stories will be published. Entries received would get published in the order they are received.
- Shortlisted entries will be published on www.penastory.com with links available on our BBM Channel, Facebook Page, Twitter and Instagram so that you can get your friends to read, comment on, and like your story. Winners will be announced on March 1
Of course, our winners won’t go away empty handed with just our best wishes! The winner will receive a token of ten thousand naira (N10,000) while the first runner up receives five thousand naira (N3,000) and the second runner up receives three thousand naira (3,000).
For further inquiries, add up Akin via BBM Pin: 59379B53 or join our BBM Channel to chat with an Admin via pin: C00396EEB or search for PenAStory under BBM channels.
PenAStory Website: www.penastory.com
BBM Pin: 59379B53
BBM Channel Pin: C00396EEB (or search for PenAStory under BBM Channels), if you are reading from mobile, scroll down and click the BBM logo at the bottom of this, it leads you to the channel to join.